Follow @stuckinscared Stuck In Scared: Frozen Yogurt Drops, with added ramble.

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Frozen Yogurt Drops, with added ramble.

Helloooo friends *waves* - It's been a while.

A while since my last post, and a while since writing anything much at all - though I am still jotting a bit, when given half a chance. 

Summer holidays, (as, if you're a mum, I'm sure you know) can be bit full on; add special needs child, and mentally ill mum into the mix, and what you have by the end of the day (in my experience)  is - too knackerbobulated to write - that's my excuse anyway :o) 

However, what I, and Littlie (with the body guards help) are managing, between her dodgy moments, and mine; is some fun.... so while I'm here - explaining my not being here, I may as well share today's fun moments with you. 

Today, we had a home day - Littlies stammer (which has been horrendous over the past week) wasn't too bad, which meant she was less stressed, and I, though 'knackerbobulated' as I said before, have been okay(ish)

We spent the morning wrapping up Christmas presents (I kid you not!) 
Yesterday Littlie bought Christmas presents for Dog, Guinea Pig, 'Dolly', and 'Littlie Monster', and they are now wrapped, and safely stashed in her bedroom; where they will sit collecting dust until November, when her tree goes up o_O
She's keen bless her, she wrote her own Christmas list two months ago (dictated would be more accurate, Littlie, though nearly nine, is unable to write yet) 

This afternoon we made homemade apple crisps (sorry, no pic, they didn't hang around long enough!) -we also made frozen yogurt drops (pic in a bit when Iv'e finished rambling) 

Both ideas were seen on a Sainsbury's advert, and both idea's were easy, fun and virtually mess free. 

For the apple crisps - slice apples thinly, spread onto grease proof paper, on a baking tray, sprinkle with cinnamon (optional) brush with a little oil, and bake - we went with gas mark 3 (fan assisted oven) for half an hour.  

For the Frozen Yogurt Drops - Line a tray with foil, dollop (Let child dollop) teaspoon sized blobs of yogurt onto the tray, then decorate with a piece of fruit - we used blueberries, because they are very low cal (Littlie has to watch the calories) and they also happen to be our favorite. 
Pop your dollops into the freezer, and wait - if you're a Littlie, that's the hard bit :O) 

Well my friends, that's all I can manage for now, I'm off to get clothes off, kettle on, and bum in chair :O) 

Enjoy the rest of your holidays, and if you try these 'easy peasy's' out with your own 'Littlies' do let me know how it goes, I'd love to hear from you. 

Thank you as always for allowing me to share 

God bless you and all those you love 

Kimmie x 

PS - No editing tonight so do please excuse any bad spelling, grammar :) 

PPS - My all time favorite word is Discombobulated (handy really, considering that's how I feel a lot of the time) - my all time favorite made up word is 'Knackerbobulated' (which I also feel much of the time) but I mustn't take credit for this wonderful word, it was made up by a friend of mine and shared to Facebook,  I loved it, so I stole it.... *waves to Joyce* :O) x

No comments :

Post a Comment