Follow @stuckinscared Stuck In Scared: Just-a-Quote #7... (grief)

Tuesday 8 March 2016

Just-a-Quote #7... (grief)

I hate this feeling... Like you're here, but you're not. Like you could hold me, but you don't. Like you're somewhere close... faraway, and there is no in-between. Grief. Quote. via mentalillnessgodandme.blogspot.co.uk

"I hate this feeling... Like you're here, but you're not. Like you could hold me, but you don't. Like you're somewhere close... faraway, and there is no in-between." ~ Kimmie

***

Thank you for allowing me to share 

God bless you and all those you love

Kimmie x

Related post:
It's not something I'll ever be done with. Grief. Quote. Dad. mentalillnessgodandme.blogspot.co.uk

12 comments :

  1. Hugs...I've know that feeling too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Corrinne. *hugging you back*. I'm so sorry for your own loss x

      Delete
  2. Life at times is like crossing a wide river on slippery stepping stones. Fear of drowning does not bring strength and there is no comfort when the other side seems so far away. Don't turn back though Kimmie, just one stepping stone at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment moved me to tears, Cliff. Thank you. Are the words yours (I imagine so, knowing you), or a known quote? I'd like to use it sometime... and, I think, there's an opportunity for a Ropey-Rhyme-poem. Perhaps the poem should come first...then I can use and link your quote back to you.

      Thanks for your support - kind thoughts. Kimmie x

      Delete
    2. They are my words Kimmie. And in particular how I used them with regard to your sense of loss and overcoming fear of a journey that must be taken. Not sure about the Ropey Rhyme thing. Sometimes that moniker inhibits prosaic sensitivity. Best wishes.

      Delete
  3. Awwww Kimmie ... ((huge squishy huggles)). It's a horrible feeling, as though you're lost and searching for someone even though you know you can't find them. Take care of yourself lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A quote for a quote. This is one of my most favorite sentiments: “There is a sacredness in tears. They are not a mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love.”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that feeling. I just want to make that phone call, share that thought, touch that hand, take a walk, but they are no longer there. Take care, Kimmie. Thank you for sharing. You have a gift with words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard, isn't it. The longing is almost unbearable. I'm sorry for your own longing/pain, Norah. Thank you for your lovely words, and your constant support. x

      Delete