Follow @stuckinscared Stuck In Scared: 'There's something good in every day' :O)

Thursday 16 January 2014

'There's something good in every day' :O)

This morning (as is the case most mornings) 'The Body Guard' and 'Littlie' had been down stairs for an hour or so by the time I stumbled down the stairs at *still stupid O'clock*.

After a week of sleepless nights the relatively good sleep I'd just stumbled from hadn't been near enough and my head was banging. 

I by passed the "good morning mummy" and inevitable chatter that would have greeted me in the living room and headed straight for kitchen, kettle and much needed coffee. 

Staring eye's half open into 'kettle steam' with a head full of *On my mind 24/7* (explained here) >>   << it's safe to say I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. 

I made the much needed coffee and headed (still as miserable as sin) toward the dinning table. I would have fifteen minutes to drink coffee and wallow before I was required to get the 'Bubble of joy' in the living room ready for school. 

Half way to sitting I was suddenly pulled away from the crap in my head by the sound of 'Bubble of joy' giggling and 'The mum in me' was drawn up and over to the little window between dinning and living room. 

'Littlie' was dancing! (For those of you who are new to my rambles 'Littlie' is disabled and has limited mobility) Her movements this morning were wobbly and a little clumsy but my word - never before have I witnessed a more beautiful dance! 
As she turned her eye's caught mine and.... the smile on her face - my God!.... The smile on her face! 

I watched a while longer and then mindful of the time (and my still great need for coffee!) I sat down at the table. My eye's were still half open, my head was still full of *On my mind 24/7* (and still banging!) but I was smiling! 

I'm not looking forward to seeing the doctor tomorrow, I'm still afraid - I'm still finding it incredibly hard to imagine anything other than worse case scenario....but - I have lost count of how many times today the image of my 'Littlie' bobbing about in the living room this morning has bought a smile to my (otherwise miserable) face! 

I didn't have to make a conscious effort today to remind myself that *There's something good in every day* ('Littlie' had my back) but I've decided that from now on I am going to make a conscious effort (no matter how tough life gets) to remind myself of at least one *something good* each day. 

PRAYER 
Lord, Thank you for all of my reasons to smile. Amen. 

POSITIVE THOUGHT 
A *something good* made earlier
Every year I have a 'Betty Boop' calender (I love BOOP!) Usually it arrives on Christmas day via my kids. This year my gorgeous ones decided (rightly) that I needed a new hair dryer (one that wasn't likely to explode in my hand) - as a result there has been a BOOP-less space on my kitchen wall since January 1st. 
On Monday the space was filled :O)  

Thank you as always for allowing me to share 

God bless you and all those you love 

Kimmie x 

P.S Did 'something good' happen in your day today....'Big good', 'small good' or 'somewhere in the middle good'? I'd love to hear about it....drop me a line :O) x

No comments :

Post a Comment